Water heaters can be expensive to repair, and sometimes the better financial choice is to replace your aging, bulky tank with a modern, sleek and highly efficient tankless water heater.
Your tankless water heater only runs when you need hot water, so it is subjected to less wear and tear than a normal water tank. It also saves you money every month by heating only the water you need when you need it.
But if your water heater is on the newer side and it makes sense to repair it, be sure to sign up for a maintenance plan to proactively maintain it. A Noll ClimateCare technician will visit your home annually to:
And if your water tank ever needs repairs, once you’ve signed up for a maintenance plan, you receive 20% off of repair services.
- We are trained to repair every make and model of water heater, and update their training when new technologies enter the market.
- Noll ClimateCare is a locally owned and run business. Although we’re members of the largest heating and cooling cooperative in Ontario, we only work in the local community.
- Straightforward pricing, because cost is almost always the first thing our customers want to know.
- Noll ClimateCare follows strict quality standards outlined by the ClimateCare cooperative. This means you’re getting the most up-to-date technical knowledge and superb customer service practices.
If your water heater leaks, be sure to repair or replace it right away. Leaks get worse over time and can cause serious damage. If you’re dealing with a leak right now, follow these steps:
STEP 1: If a leak starts, find the water supply valve and gas valve on your water heater. You will need to shut both valves off to limit water damage and stop gas flow to the burner.
- The water supply valve is on the cold water pipe near the top of your tank (in some cases it may be several feet away. You may also have to shut off the water supply to the whole house. The shut-off valve is usually in the same place as your water meter.
- The water valve handle resembles a tap or a faucet. You may need to turn it several times to shut off the cold water supply to the tank.
- The gas valve is usually on the gas pip (black or copper) that extends vertically to the bottom of the water heater. Use a small wrench to give this valve a quarter turn.
STEP 2: If you have a power vent water heater with a fan at the top, be sure to unplug the fan’s power cord.
All water heaters require some basic safety precautions. Be sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions for operating and maintenance procedures. To reduce the risk of scalding and save energy, adjust your water heater temperature to 54˚C (130˚F).
Noll ClimateCare specialists are trained and practiced hydronic experts with experience performing all manner of water heater repairs.
Contact Noll ClimateCare for water heater repairs today and see why so many of your neighbours already trust us with their water, heating and cooling services.